Friday, October 14, 2011

Bay Pines VA Hospital Arts & Craft

 I would like to give a special thanks to the Bay Pines VA Hospital Arts & Crafts department. (HHV Outpatient Craft Clinic)
Located in Building 100 on the second floor.  The arts & crafts center offers many different things for vets to do.
They offer:
Drawing – Working  with and teaching vets how to draw.
Painting - Working  with and teaching vets how to paint art.
Wooden kits – Putting together many different wooden kits.
Clay Molds – They will pour clay into a mold, cook it and you paint it.
Leather Sowing Kits – You can make wallets, shoes and many other crafts.

This service is Free for vets, All you need to do is show you VA ID card. They offer many different arts and crafts.  It is a great service that brings happiness to me and my family. It offers family Bonding time for my family and I. 

The Craft Clinic Hours

Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 1pm – 4pm
Wednesday – 8am – 4pm
Thursday – 8am – 4pm
Friday – 8am – 3pm
Saturday & Sunday – Closed

Building 100, 2Nd floor.

Creative arts are vital ingredients to VA's recreation therapy programs across the nation, helping veterans recover from or cope with physical and emotional challenges.

Below are some of the things that My family and I have made, Here at the VA Arts and crafts center.

       Here, I made a wooden EGA, and 3 flags. Then I painted it and mounted it to my mailbox.

My son Adam

     My Beautiful Wife

  My Wife, Tatiana

The snowman when finished


Some of the Arts and Crafts we made. 

                                         We made these 3 clay pumpkins



No comments:

Post a Comment